Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Peek at My Week

I'm linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for the first time for her "A Peek at My Week" linky!


We've been back at school for a whole month now, and this week, I am wrapping up my first real "week" of Daily 5/Reading Groups. (I do a 6 day rotation instead of just using the Monday-Friday week.) All of our practice clearly paid off, because my kiddos did a fantastic job of rotating through all of their activities without interrupting my groups! Check out a few of my kiddos doing Read to Someone...I love that they still segregate themselves into boy or girl pairs! That won't last long!

   

I had trouble finding activities appropriate for 5th graders for Word Work, so I made my own. There are only 7 activities right now, but I will be adding moe throughout the year as we add more activities to our Vocabulary Journals. I am in LOVE with the way they turned out using the cute backgrounds, buntings, and frames from Erin at I'm Lovin Lit!


You can grab a copy in my TPT store for only $2 OR you can Pin it to Win it! Just paste the URL of your pin into a comment, and I will use random.org to choose a winner on Wednesday morning! Be sure you aren't a "no-reply blogger" so I will be able to email the file to you!

Outside of school, my LifeGroup from my church is starting a Bible study on James on Tuesday that I am really looking forward to. Then, on Friday, my in-laws are coming for a long weekend visit. If the forecast stays like it is, the plan is to take little man on his first trip to the zoo on Saturday!


I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I could really, really use this! jkmatuch@aol.com
    http://pinterest.com/pin/259168153529837219/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Celebrations that your kids are moving through workshop rotations well. Good for you!!!

    Thanks for linking up! I hope to see you back again next Sunday so we can hear about the zoo. :v)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for more ideas for Word Work for my 5th graders! http://pinterest.com/pin/108227197268552043/

    erocks720@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)