Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Peek at my Week! {+ a Pin it to Win it!)


I have a busy and fun week coming up, so I'm linking up with Mrs. Laffin for A Peek at my Week.


This weekend, my students watched a video (made by me) of a different method for long division problems. So many students have trouble even knowing where to start - because they don't know their multiplication facts. I'm trying teaching them the "Line Method" which is sometimes also called "Double Division." As embarrassing as it is to share one of my videos with you guys, I am super excited about this method. So here's a clip with one example from the video my students watched. I just started making math videos for my flipped classroom at the end of September, so keep that in mind, and don't judge too harshly!


We are working on Subject and Predicate this week, along with our mentor sentence from Jivey's unit. I whipped up this puzzle activity to go in our writer's notebooks. It would also work great as a craftivity if you colored the puzzle pieces and glued them on construction paper. Pin it to win it, comment, and I'll use random.org to choose a winner on Wednesday. Click the picture to see it in my TPT store!


Murphy's Law at work...We got our Walking Classroom kits, my teammate is getting a set too, and overnight, the weather turns cold! It's ok, because we have a couple of lessons we need to teach before the first walk (rationale for walking while learning, rules for the walks, etc.), and we can't walk off campus until we get all our permission slips back anyway. If the all goes well, and it isn't too cool, we will have our first walk on Thursday! I can't wait!


5 comments:

  1. I'm loving using interactive notebooks this year! You're template would be a great addition!

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/108227197268767488/

    erocks720@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your video. I totally feel you on that. I teach a mixed class of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. Somehow my 4th graders know NONE of their multiplication facts but my 3rd graders are doing awesome! I don't know what they missed last year with their old teacher but it's a mess. That was helpful. Thanks!

    Laura
    Adventures in Multigrade

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/316096467567314043/

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/437341813785591314/. Love the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the WAlking Classroom. It is my second year with the curriculum and my students and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)