Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Two for Tuesday! Morphology & Birthday Cupcakes

It's Tuesday...you know what that means! Two for Tuesday at The Teaching Tribune!

This week, I am putting two of my newer products on sale for half price all day today!

First up, my brand new, hot off the presses vocabulary unit... Growing Vocabulary Roots (Unit 1)! I have worked SO hard this summer to get this unit done, and I can't wait to use it in my classroom this year. After a lot of experimentation and trial and error last year, I have finally found a way to teach vocabulary that really works for me, and this unit is it!

Rather than teaching random lists of words that go along with a story we are reading, I focus on a group of morphemes (root wods, prefixes, or suffixes) and several words that use those morphemes. Students learn important foundational skills for decoding unfamiliar words as they come across them in their reading. I saw such an improvement in my students' vocabulary skills last year after implementing these techniques, and I can't wait to see the difference it makes when I actually start the year with a comprehensive vocabulary program!

Includes everything you need for the first 9 weeks of instruction...
  • Three morphemes per week
  • Word lists that use those morphemes
  • Word sorts and weekly practice activities
  • Assessments & answer keys
  • Personal Root Word Dictionary for students
  • Teacher instructions, schedule, summary of research, and CCSS alignment

Second... I am so excited about my new Perfect Patterns classroom theme, and I think my favorite element so far is my Birthday Cupcakes bulletin board display! 

These cupcakes are adorable, if I do say so myself, and they are a perfect birthday display for your bulletin board, wall, or door. Cut out the cupcakes, and write student birthdays on the bottom half of each cupcake. Laminate them first, and you can reuse year after year by wiping off the names with acetone! Get yours today for $1.50!

Head over to The Teaching Tribune to see what else is on sale today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)