Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Favorite Things: Newly Discovered Picture Books



The Favorite Things Linky is a great way to share your 3 favorite anythings! Grab the template and button and link up below! If this is your first time linking up, check out our Linky Parties page for more details!

Here are a few of my favorite newly discovered picture books. I admit it... I am a book hoarder and am always searching for more books to add to my growing collection.  I love discovering new books to read to my students!




The Book With No Pictures is an absolute hit with my students.  Some of my kiddos asked for it on their Christmas list. No joke! They beg me to read it again and again.  The book is written by B. J. Novak, a humorist and actor.  The whole book is a cosmic joke on the adult reading it, and the kids love it!


Kathryn Otoshi has a great series of books titled Zero, One, and Two.  These are fabulous for the beginning of school.  The books deal with social lessons such as bullying, being yourself, and getting along with others.  They are simply brilliant! 




Arrggghh! You don't need a pirate project to read this book!  No Pirates Allowed! Said Library Lou is by Rhonda Gowler Greene. I fell in love with this book because Library Lou is a teacher at heart- she sneakily (I think that is a word?) teaches a rough and tumble pirate to read without him knowing. He soon discovers that READING is the treasure! (Read in a pirate voice.) Arrggghh, it does this here teacher's heart good!


What are a few of your favorite picture books that you have recently discovered?  I am always on the lookout for more!




9 comments:

  1. This is my first monthly linky! I hope it looks ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks great! Thanks for linking up your favorite ways to travel!

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to look for The Book With No Pictures. It's sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books look AMAZING!! Can't wait to check them out :) Thanks for organizing this linky.
    Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award! Check out the post here: http://allstarmusicva.blogspot.com/2015/04/one-lovely-blog-award.html ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for setting this up! It's our first time for this Favorite Things link - glad to be here! Love the books!
    Linda and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing about The book with No Pictures; I'm going to have to get it! Love all the book recommendations; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You convinced me...I'm going to purchase all of these books. RIGHT. NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for compiling this list! I am always on the hunt for books that my son can enjoy. Reading is so important but I know that it has to be entertaining in order to get my son interested :) I wanted to recommend an author that is the king of Monster Books, A.J. Cosmo (http://www.ajcosmo.com/). His two most recent books "The Monster that Ate our Keys" and "The Monster that Ate my Socks" are two funny, easy to read books that have fantastic illustrations. I would have to say the age group for these are 6-9 years old and they are definitely more tailored to little boys! These books are not scary at all and the monsters in the tales do all the gross, funny, and lovable things you would expect a sock-eating monster to do! The books also teach really great lessons and I have been recommending them to all of my friends. I hope Mr. Cosmo will make it on a future list of yours

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)